Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tiled Coffee Table

I designed this Coffee Table in the fall of 2009 with the intent to match the scheme of the new apartment my girlfriend and I were moving into. It is mostly made of Aspen wood, due to my little to no income, with the exception of the legs, which is made of Oak. Also, to help match the apartment I ended up using a cherry stain. Lastly, I decided to give the coffee table two 14" x 14" square areas which would later be filled with matching glass tiles purchased from Great Western Flooring in Geneva, IL.

Being one of the first major woodworking projects I am fairly happy with its outcome. I've learned quite a bit from my mistakes...

Pre-Stain/ Disassembled Pre-Stain/ Assembled

Complete Table Table Top w/Tile

Living Room of our new Apartment!

- John I.

No comments:

Post a Comment